Monday, May 19, 2014

Racing with My Little Brother


My little brother Collin and I ran our 5 mile race on Saturday, and it was a ton of fun! We ran down Dry Fork Canyon in Vernal, Utah, and it was a beautiful area to run. 
Collin did really well and ran the race in 40 minutes 47 seconds. I was a bit slower than him at 41 minutes 52 seconds. We started the race off together, but I started getting a side ache just after I finished the first mile. I can honestly say that I have never had a side ache that bad in my life! It started in one side and then went to the other, it was horrible! I had to stop and walk for about 20 seconds, and I told Collin to run on ahead. He is quite the speedy kid, and did excellent! I am so glad that he decided to run this 5 mile race with me because it made it so much more fun! 
Chanse was waiting for me at the finish line, and this made me a very happy girl! My mom, dad, and Rosalie arrived soon after, and I loved squeezing and loving on my little girl :) She is the best!!!
My beautiful cousin Ashley was helping out with the race :)
Both of my beautiful cousins Amy and Ashley! Don't mind the fact that I have no makeup on haha!
Remember the Maine Park is where the race ended. We also met at this park before the race, and we were bused up to the starting point.
This was my second time running this race, and I am so glad that I decided to run it again! It really is such a beautiful area, and this makes the run so much more fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)